“The Company” means Electron Beam Services Ltd.
“Buyer” means company or person placing the order.
“Goods” means the articles or materials or any part of them described in the order
“Order” means the order placed by the buyer for the goods
“Supplier Purchase Order” means the order placed with a supplier or sub-contractor for goods or service provision.
The Process: the expression “processing” in these terms and conditions means carrying out an Electron Beam Welding operation and without limitation the preparation, inspection and metallurgical examination of work. All machine operating parameters, settings and techniques are confidential and are exclusively the property of the company.
2. These terms are the only terms on which we accept goods for processing, and they shall override any other terms emanating from you. No variation of these terms shall be effective unless made in writing and signed on behalf of the company. Delivery of goods to us for processing shall be taken to signify your acceptance that the contract is governed by these terms.
3. PRICES: quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue unless otherwise agreed. Estimates, where given, due to uncertain nature of work are only provisional and subject to change on receiving further information.
4. All verbal orders must be confirmed in writing within 3 days
5. Whilst the company will offer the benefit of its experience if requested, the goods are supplied without any condition or warranty, express or implied statutory or otherwise and the company gives no warranty of any kind as to the suitability of the Electron Beam Welding process for any article or combination of materials, and the company will not be liable for loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the said process
6. If there is any shortage or damage sustained in course of delivery the buyer must notify the company and any courier in writing within 3 days of receipt of goods.
7. Defective goods: The Company undertakes to repair goods other than work accepted on development basis which are returned to the company’s works within 14 days and which the company finds to be affected by faults caused by the company’s workmanship or alternatively to allow the buyer credit. This undertaking shall not however apply to damage caused to the buyer’s components arising from the use of the process.
8. Inspection: The company’s normal works inspection shall apply unless some other form of inspection is specified on the order in which case the company reserves the right to make an additional charge.
9. Suppliers: the company will issue a purchase order to all approved suppliers stating the products, processes or services to be provided, the date delivery is required at Electron Beam Services, special requirements will also be communicated. Supplier performance is monitored in accordance with our AS 9100D Quality Management System procedures, non-compliances will be recorded, supplier will be notified, and approval obtained for their disposition. The policy of Electron Beam Services is to use suppliers who comply with requirements of a Quality Management System or are approved by our customers.
10. Information for External Providers (Approved Suppliers.
Electron Beam Services shall ensure the adequacy of requirements prior to communication to the external provider and will communicate its requirements for the processes, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data for example specifications, drawings, process requirements, work instructions.
Requirements for the approval of applicable products and services, methods, processes, and equipment and for the release of products and services.
Electron Beam Services also requires confirmation of competence, including any required qualification of persons and the supplier interactions with the company.
The company will communicate any applicable verification or validation activities that EBS, its customer or regulatory authorities intends to perform at the supplier premises including special requirements, critical items, key or statistical characteristics, documentary evidence and any test or inspection process verification.
The company requires notification of any changes including processes, products, services, customer requirements, identification of counterfeit parts, relocation details for approval and provision of test specimens if applicable.
Electron Beam Services requires all suppliers to comply with its principles, particularly those relating to human rights, labour standards, protection of the environment, safety standards and ethical trading.
11. Payment: Terms of payment are nett 30 days from date of invoice.